Frequently Asked Questions
Below we have collected some of the most Frequently Asked Questions. [Last updated: OCT-2013]
For info on practicalities and general questions on Mauritius, please have a look in our Mauritius Forum.
Is there an internet connection available?
– Yes, wireless internet connection is available in the form of 3G plug and play USB modems. Signal strength is usually 99% at 7,2 or 3,6 Mbit/s to the nearest access point. The actual speed depend on traffic in the domestic network and we are unable to guarantee any speeds.
Please note that we provide the connection only (requires your own laptop). The first 1000 Mb (1 Gb) is free of charge for stays above 7 nights, and the SIM card can easily be recharged wherever you can buy mobile phone top up cards. Please note that this service need to be booked in advance and is subject to availability. The cost for 1 Gb of traffic is currently (as of 2013) Rs 349 including VAT (approximately €8).
Is there an internet café nearby?
In La Preneuse, the café/bar/restaurant Balikopy offers free WiFi to all their customers. There is also an internet café with sit-down desktop computers and printing facilities near the restaurant La Bonne Chute. Tamarin and Flic en Flac both have a selection of centrally located internet cafés and many bars and restaurants offer free WiFi internet to their customers.
Why can I not view the availability online?
We manage availability for many different properties and property owners. If your preferred accommodation would not be available for your selected dates, we might still be able to find you a suitable property, based on your specific requirements.
Many of our guests choose to stay with us their entire holiday, but in two or three different accommodations. For this reason, to be able to customize your stay, we focus on replying as fast as possible to your request.
Reservation and Payment
What payment options do you offer?
– Online, instant payment with VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
– PayPal. For your security, we are PayPal Verified account holders.
– International Bank Transfer.
To secure your reservation, we ask for an industry standard down payment of 40% of the booking total. Unless you opt to pay 100% of the total when booking, the remainder can be paid up to six weeks prior to your arrival.
We do not see, store or handle any credit card details. All transactions are made through 168 bit SSL encrypted connections directly with the bank.
Is VAT included in the price?
– Yes, all prices include VAT. The price you get quoted when contacting us is the price you pay. No hidden charges.
Do you offer a transfer service from the airport?
– Transfers to and from the airport are optional as many of our guests choose to book a rental car at the airport. Kindly let us know at the time of booking your accommodation if you wish to book airport transfer and we’ll arrange it for you at competitive rates. Transfer time from the airport (Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport) is approximately one hour depending on traffic.
Is it possible to get around with public transport?
– Yes, there are frequent bus stops along most major roads in La Preneuse, Tamarin and Flic en Flac, serving Port Louis, Quatre Bornes, and the Le Morne Peninsula. To explore areas outside of the South West, we recommend car rental or taxi.
More info on public transport is available in the Forum.
Can you arrange car rental?
– Please let us know when booking and we will put you in touch with car rental agencies with competitve rates.
What airlines fly to Mauritius?
Airports of Mauritius has a comprehensive list of airlines operating out of Mauritius international airport (Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport).
What services are within walking distance from the accommodation?
La Preneuse offers a well stocked supermarket (London Way) with ATM/CashPoint, bakery, pharmacy, a snorkelling/diving shop and various small stores. A ten minute walk from La Preneuse you will find the Ruisseau Creole shopping center with clothing stores, bars and restaurants, and the newly built Nautica Commerical Centre on the other side of the road.
Other points of interests nearby in La Preneuse are the Martello Tower, and of course La Preneuse Beach with its beautiful sunsets over the Le Morne horizon. There are also a number of restaurants in La Preneuse, all within walking distance and in all price ranges. A couple of restaurants also do delivery should you wish to have an evening in privacy. See also our Activities section for a selection of activities in the area.
Flic en Flac is centered around the Coastal Road and offers most amenities within walking distance from all accommodations. The centrally located Spar Pasadena supermarket is the largest supermarket in Flic en Flac and apart from food items they also offer beach wear, an extensive drinks department, ATM/Cash Point and an internet café with copy and printing facilities. In the same area you will also find a police station, post office, pharmacy as well as a selection of bars and restaurants. The Coastal Road facing the 5km Flic en Flac Beach is lined with restaurants, bars and night clubs as well as tour operators should you wish to discover popular water based activities, such as scuba diving, dolphin cruises or big game fishing.
At the entrance of Flic en Flac, the newly built Cascavelle Shopping Village sports a number of clothing stores, perfumeries, restaurants, cafés and other shopping facilities, including the largest supermarket in greater Flic en Flac – Pick n Pay Cascavelle.
Do you offer any other services?
When booking through BungalowVanille.com, you rent your accommodation directly from the property owner, but if you have special requirements, please don’t hesitate to let us know the details and we will be happy to assist in any way we can. Should you have any questions outside of this FAQ sheet, please contact us through the reservations form and we’ll be happy to help you!